Simphone Data Link Unit plus
The ONLY FAA TSO-C159a Certified Data Link Unit for FANS over Iridium Capability
TrueNorth Avionics Simphonē Data Link Unitplus is business aviation’s newest, genuine FANS-1/A+ system with certified RTCA DO-178B, Level D software. Featuring a built-in Iridium Satcom transceiver, our DLU works with Simphonē OpenCabin airborne telecommunications systems—and a broad range of other systems—to let flight crews communicate with the ground or other aircraft without impacting cabin communications.
Our DLU requires no configuration; there are no set-up screens. Simply install.
FANS-1/A+ simplifies pilot to controller communication, reduces communications error and increases efficiency in congested airspace. Our DLU component can be integrated with a number of flight decks.
- FAA, CAN and EASA TSO-C159a Certified for FANS over Iridium
- FANS-1/A+ capable
- RTCA DO-178 Level D software certified
- Compatible with all operational and planned ACARS® and AFIS® Data Link systems
- Lightweight and compact
- Requires no cooling, no software setup
- Installs with a single connector
- Smallest standalone data link solution available
- Simphonē DLU uses its own Iridium antenna
- Compliant with ARINC 618 Satcom Data Unit (SDU)
- Text-based interface reduces communications errors, eliminates repetition and language issues like accents
- Automatic positioning reports to removes crew requirement to report, lowering crewmember stress
- Fly more direct routes and trim operating costs
Contact your friendly TrueNorth Account Manager for more details and to get a copy of our Simphonē Data Link Unitplus brochure.
See the News Release: TrueNorth Avionics Simphonē Data Link Unit-Plus Awarded TSO.